2017- Present Bsc Hons Environmental Civil Engineering
2011-2017 Airdrie Academy
July 2017 – Current – Trainee Engineer
After graduating from High school Brad joined Scaftec in 2017 as a trainee engineer providing design assistance to the lead engineers. Brad is now attending university on a day release basis whilst working toward his BSc Hons degree in Civil Engineering.
Main duties within the workplace are as follows:
· Since joining Scaftec Brad become efficient in drafting various system scaffolds such as Cuplok, Kwikstage and Layher as well as conventional tube and fitting scaffolds.
· Responsible for aiding the lead engineer in preperation of calculations and detailed construction drawings in accordance with the relevent guidelines ,standards and user’s manuals.
· Responsible for producing various different types of designs from simple house type arrangements to more complex beam and cantilevered designs.
· Brad is knowledgeable in the use of various computer packages such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Word / Excel.
· Responsible for assisting senior engineers on site visit to lease with client’s, inspect scaffolds and survey the sites.
· Responsible for assisting senior engineers with preparation for various designs.
· Other responsibilities include administrative hard and electronic filing.
· Being the client’s first point of contact and directing them to the appropriate engineer.
Student member of the Institute of Civil Engineering (ICE) 2017 – Present