June 2013 – Present. Scaftec Ltd– Scaffolding Design Consultants.
After finishing first year of university full time Hollie joined Scaftec in June 2013 as a trainee engineer providing design assistance to the lead engineers. This has incorporated different engineering sectors such as nuclear, water, housing developments, MOD, historical and events. Hollie is now attending university on a day release basis whilst working towards finishing her BSc Hons degree in Civil Engineering.
- Since joining Scaftec Hollie become efficient in drafting various system scaffolds such as Cuplok, Kwikstage and Layher as well as conventional tube and fitting scaffolds.
- Responsible for aiding the lead engineer in preperation of calculations and detailed construction drawings in accordance with the relevent guidelines ,standards and user’s manuals.
- Responsible for producing various different types of designs from simple house type arrangements to more complex beam and cantilevered designs.
- Hollie is knowledgeable in the use of various computer packages such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Responsible for assisting senior engineers on site visit to lease with client’s, inspect scaffolds and survey the sites.
- Responsible for assisting senior engineers with preparation for various designs.
- Other responsibilities include administrative hard and electronic filing.
- Being the clients first point of contact and directing them to the appropriate engineer.