2012 – Present. Scaftec Ltd– Scaffolding Design Consultants.
Senior Design Engineer.
- Responsible for the design of steel and aluminium scaffold structures in various complexity from general bridged and cantilevered access scaffold to large freestanding towers, encapsulations and specialised temporary structures in an onshore and offshore environment across the UK and abroad.
- Selecting and using structural analysis and design software to analyse and demonstrate the performance of scaffold structures by taking into account specified requirements, National and International Codes & Standards, Building Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practice recognised within scaffold industry.
- Provide advanced structural analysis such as static, dynamic and buckling analysis that includes second-order effects and nonlinear behaviour of various elements using commercially available software such as SCIA Engineer or self-developed custom solutions.
- Attend at and contribute to design meetings with the Customer or his representative during tender or design stages to ensure that engineering risk is adequately identified and managed.
- Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers of scaffolding products to ensure correct usage of their systems in the case a non-standard solution has to be delivered.
- Familiar with a wide variety of scaffold systems including tube and fitting, Layher, Cuplok, Kwikstage, Haki and many its variations.
Michal is currently working towards Chartered Engineer status with the ICE.
2009 – 2011. Edinburgh Napier University and Action Scaffolding Ltd. Partnership, Scotland
Scaffold Design Engineer.
- Design and structural analysis of temporary structures which included: feasibility assessment, establishing design requirements, preliminary design, detailed design and design checking
- The development of the structural analysis package for scaffold designers equipped with the 3D modeller, FEA engine and a final report generator
- Providing technical assistance and support to clients
2011 – Apr 2011. Kaefer, New Caledonia (Knoiambo Nickel 3.8 billion USD), Pacific
Scaffold Design Engineer.
- Design and Structural Analysis of various types of temporary structures
- Inspections of erected scaffold structures
Working in close collaboration with contractors and scaffold superintendents
O’Neil, S., Zhang, H.X., and Pawelak, M. (2011)
“Industrial knowledge collaborative CAD system for scaffolding structures”,
The Thirteenth International Conference on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing, Greece, September 2011